Friday, June 17, 2011

San Francisco Treat

 

I am just now getting to the June issue of House Beautiful and was floored when I saw the home below. It is a Victorian townhome in San Francisco that was completely redone (must be nice) and decorated exquisitely. It is one of the best mixes of traditional and modern I have ever seen. I must say in most home magazines there are typically a few rooms here and there that I fall for in a feature but NEVER the entire house. This was a first, and I can not stop gushing over it.

Interior Design by Ken Fulk

Exterior: It was repainted a crisp white with an attention grabbing red door. I am also loving the black trim around the windows.

SF1

Entry Way: My love for black walls continues, especially when paired with a stunning light fixture and Jonathan Adler throw pillows. Loving the mix of the fresh white chairs and the traditional side table.

SF

Formal Living Room: This was the issues cover, and a perfect blend of traditional meets modern. I usually air on the side of modern, but something about this room really grabbed me. It probably has something to do with the crisp white and the pop of bright pink flowers. It just looks so clean and peaceful without being pretentious.

sf2

Dining Room: Amazeballs. The glass table with brass legs (west elm), the lucite lamp, the glamorous chandelier…need I go on?

sf3

Kitchen: Oh clean and crisp white kitchens, how I adore you. Those pendant lamps are silly awesome too.

sf4

Staircase: Zebra + B&W gallery wall = WOW.

sf5

Family Room: It’s so cozy and warm, a perfect place to sip an americano and catch up on magazines.

sf6

Master Bath: Simply lovely, and that crystal ship chandelier from ZGallerie makes the perfect whimsical statement.

sf7

Master Bedroom: This is actually my least favorite room. I think it’s the overly ornate bed. However, I do love the black and white pinstripe wall.

sf8

Guest Room: I Die. This room is incredible. The bold black and white stripes mixed with the cowhide rug. I mean, seriously?? I am loving the pop of the stark white gallery wall on the striped walls too! Ugh, must have this in my future home one day. LOVE.

sf9

All images via House Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment