Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sip and Listen

Oh Labor Day, you are a glorious holiday indeed. Not only do you grace me with an extra day off work, but you symbolize the beginning of Fall, football season, and better clothes. This weekend we are in Denver for a wedding, (hello 60 degree weather, I knew you were out there!) and I discovered a drink similar to the below on the hotel's cocktail menu. Anything with blackberries and lemonade is perfection in my book, and this would be a cinch to make!

This picture reminds me of my beloved Little Branch, minus one silver stir stick.
Image via Pinterest from Entre Nous.


Ingredients
  • 1.5 oz Vodka
  • 5 Blackberries
  • 3 oz Lemonade
Method
Muddle (smash) four blackberries in the bottom of a glass. Add ice, vodka, and lemonade. Garnish with your extra blackberry. Cheers!

September also means, Austin City Limits is a mere two weeks away. The list of bands I am dying to see this year is abundant, as it's the 10th anniversary. At the top of the list, is the controversial yet always intriguing, Kanye West. Yes, I know, he is easy to hate but his music is too damn easy to love. Then when he collaborates on an album with another favorite, Jay-Z, well my head just explodes. One of my favorites from Watch the Throne, below.

No comments:

Post a Comment