Friday, July 8, 2011

Sip and Listen

It is freaking 104 degrees right now, and I am not sure I will ever escape from my air conditioning. That being said, this heat calls for a frozen cocktail. I stumbled upon an awesome recipe for a watermelon margarita over at Fabulous K the other day and immediately started craving them. Then my good friend, Caroline mentioned watermelon over on her blog, and I knew it was meant to be for this weekend.

watermelon

Image via mochanti

Ingredients:

  • 2 & 1/2 cups of frozen watermelon
  • 4 oz Tequila (I lovingly refer to it as the “time travel liquor”)
  • 2 oz Orange Liquor
  • 2 oz Lemonade
  • Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice (2 limes)

Preparation:

Cut watermelon into 1 inch cubes and freeze for a couple hours. Then, combine the above ingredients with 1 & 1/2 cups of ice in a blender, blend until smooth!

Perfect summer jam, right here.


1 comment:

  1. Can't get enough of the watermelon. Thanks for the shout out!!

    ReplyDelete