Monday, May 30, 2011

Sip and Listen

I LOVE grapefruit juice and when I found this picture of a grapefruit margarita I knew I had to feature and make one for myself. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and salty and a great addition to your memorial day weekend. Enjoy!

grapefruit marg

Image via Pinterest from jasonandshawanda

Ingredients:

  • 2 oz tequila
  • 2 oz orange liqueur
  • 2 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
  • 6 oz fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
  • Simple syrup, to taste
  • Salt, for rim (optional)
  • Grapefruit wedges, for serving (optional)

Preparation:

Mix tequila, orange liqueur, lime, and grapefruit juices well. If you think you need a little more sweetness, add a splash of simple syrup.

Rub one of the used lime or grapefruit rinds around the rim of two glasses and dip in salt. Fill each with ice and pour in the margarita.

I must warn, the song of the week is a bit on the eclectic side and quite long. However, upon my first listen I noticed I couldn’t stop thinking about it. It’s energized, then slow, and in a very Decemberists way tells a story. Do me a favor, and give this song a full listen. Then go and buy the new Fleet Foxes album, it’s incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment